These are the rules agreed by the AV Club for the purposes of competition.
- Audio-visual productions submitted for competitions should consist predominantly of sequences of still photographic images with an accompanying soundtrack.
- Running time should be between two and a half and five minutes, including introduction and credits.
- Entries should consist of not less than 30 images.
- The majority of the images must be the original work of the entrant, forming at least 80 percent of the total running time.
- If used, third-party images, video and other visual material must not exceed 20 percent of the total running time.
- All music/audio used must be appropriately licensed and credited to the author/performer.
- The entrant’s name must not appear in the production.